Monday, September 14, 2009

Rain in Concert

It's the first day of real rain in Padua in months. I cannot believe that I was actually happy to get soaked today while returning home from the city center on my bike. The grass has been dying for a good drink of rainwater. This is unusual because the Veneto is defined by its abundant rain during the fall and winter, yet this summer has been dry indeed. Maybe this rain is the turning point to introduce this year's fall temperatures to Padua.

In honor of this welcome rainfall, I would like to share a lovely video of rain in concert which a French friend, Florence, sent to me a while ago. All I know is that it is entitled "La pluie" (The rain [in French]) She is from another very rainy area in Europe: Brittany, France. So without further ado, may I present this video:

No comments:

Post a Comment