Saturday, November 28, 2009

Ski Slopes Open for Business

It's not even December yet and the ski slopes in the Cortina area have already been open for about 3 weeks. It's the beginning of what should be a very long and snowy winter in the Dolomites this year. For a look at the Faloria's slopes, click here.

Down in the Padana valley, at my house, preparations are under way for the winter season. This involves listing what needs to be bought like new gloves, ski poles and thermos, sharpening the crampons' points, practicing safety knot combinations and reading about interesting snowshoe and alpine skiing trails.

This is a picture of one mountain view from Monte Pore, which we climbed last season. We are looking forwarding to more of the same.

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky to have the slopes open so early! I am just hoping that we will have enough snow in Dec-Jan for me to enjoy skiing over my winter break. Ironically, currently it is snowing in Baltimore. Intense downfall, but is melting instantly once it hits surfaces.

    Hmmm. Maybe I should just fly back out and live on a ski resort........

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be exciting getting snow so early in Baltimore this year. That doesn't happen every year, although I do remember being snowed in from my own birthday parties, around December 8th, several times while growing up there.

    ReplyDelete